Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another average Dukan day...


That picture pretty much summarizes every day I had this week.  Oat bran muffins, a full Nalgene, an endless supply of legal pads, and Pandora Radio. 

Today was Day 11 - Cruise Phase - Pure Protein. Running late this morning so I had to skip my coffee and just grabbed an Oat Bran muffin and a full Nalgene as I ran out the door.  I might have said this before but the muffins are the best way to get my daily oat bran. Everything else gets a little hard to swallow. 

Like I had mentioned yesterday I had grilled chicken for lunch and perch for dinner.  I broiled the perch with lemon juice and cilantro and dipped it in a fat free sour cream chive sauce.  I was surprised by how much I liked it. I am so used to fried perch that simple broiled perch was a light and fresh change of pace. Ended up eating over my daily allotment of 2 TBLS oat bran, there was a left over tiramisu cup in the fridge and I it either had to be eaten or pitched, and I hate throwing away food. So today was a 3 TBLS of oat bran day. Hopefully it won't throw off my whole week.

Tonight I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure. It was such a nice pampering vacation from my busy week.  The one thing that drives me crazy though is that every time I go to this particular nail salon the ladies comment on my 'thick eyebrows.' Are my eyebrows a little Camilla Belle or young Brooke Shields? Sure, but I like them. It isn't like I am a Frida Kahlo look-a-like. Sheesh. Here is a pick of my mani/pedi. 


Tomorrow evening I am going to a Special Olympics wine tasting fundraiser.  I am going to eat my dinner before going and offer to DD, hopefully that will keep me from slipping. I know the friends and family I will see there will help to keep me accountable. I am honestly more worried about running into my ex...

Good luck tomorrow! I will keep you posted on my progress at the wine tasting. Happy Dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment