Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm breaking all the rules now anyway...since I'm going to hell...


Yes...yes I did just quote twilight.  But I am pretty sure those exact words came out of my mouth last night too...

After a bad day emotionally, I showed up at the wine tasting with absolutely no will power.  So along with lots and lots of wine I had a delicious meal of spinach pie, sweet & sour meatballs, bruschetta, ravioli, tortellini, and sesame chicken.  And lets not forget the delicious morsels pictured above. So day 12 was a total and absolute failure, but since I was going to fail I was going to do it thoroughly and I enjoyed all of it. That is the beauty of a buffet, you get to sample everything until your heart is content. And sample I did. 

One of the interesting things I noticed was how quickly I was full. A few weeks ago I would have been able to eat a whole plate of food and more, last night I was full after half a plate!  My stomach is definitely shrinking...

Today, Day 13, required me to be back on the plan.  I think if I had allowed myself a second day off the diet I would have had one hell of a time going back whether it was Sunday or Monday...the longer I wait the harder it would be. 

So despite the fact that I was sad and didn't feel much like getting out of bed, I made sure to watch what I was eating.  The emotional eater in me reared her ugly head, and though I was craving a trip to the store to get chips or chocolate, I  ate what I had.  Dukan meatballs, turkey burger patties, yogurt, and vitamin water.

Overcoming my tendency to emotionally eat is going to be a big struggle on my Dukan Diet journey.  Perhaps learning to conquer this particular demon will be one of the great long term successes.

Day 14 tomorrow! Happy Dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment