Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Summary of the Attack

Day 1- May 9

The first day of a diet is always the easiest in my opinion. The excitement of starting a new adventure and all the possibilities of the potential weight loss fuel the fire of my motivation.  I picked up a Nalgene so I could better track my hydration...hot pink with a black lid and green splash guard...very cute. Dinner was lots of grilled chicken, a savory pancake, and lemon yogurt.

All in all I OWNED Day one.

Day  2 & 3 - May 10 & 11

Day two started off well, I think I carried the momentum from day one with me into the next day. But towards the end of the day I got a bad sinus headache and didn't really eat much of a dinner, though I did keep my hydration up. The headache turned into a migraine which through off day three for me.  I didn't fall off the wagon but I didn't eat either.  I know starving yourself isn't the answer, but sometimes you just can't eat.  I don't think it through off my plan too much as my metabolism never really got a jumpstart to start burning that day anyway...

Day 4 - May 12

Day four I felt the exhaustion and constipation kick in.  I think a long day at work and a family birthday party hurt me as well.

It was this afternoon that I realized I hadn't had a BM since Monday morning...that problem was solved by about midnight though.

The hardest part about the day was going to my Grandfather's 80th Birthday party.  It was at a bar and the greasy fried food was everywhere. Nachos, chicken wings, cheeseburgers, beer...the list goes on and on. I came prepared with a little cooler hidden inside my giant Kate Spade purse.  I had some cold shrimp, curry chicken (recipe will post later) yogurt, Oat Bran muffins and my Nalgene.  This along with the fact that my mother was telling everyone I was on a diet kept me from even being tempted to cheat.  It is hard to cheat when everyone is watching you.

The hardest part of the hardest part? The cupcakes. 

My mother used to own a cupcake catering business and makes some of the most mouth watering desserts around. These aren't boxed or bakery cupcakes that can be easily written off.  By ignoring one of these confections I knew I was missing out on pure taste bud nirvana.  Watching everyone eat their cupcakes with a scoop of dairy fresh ice cream really twisted the knife as I ate my oat bran muffin and Key Lime Greek yogurt.

Day 5 - May 13

Today I still felt the exhaustion. I really dragged my tail at work and my volunteers and colleagues noticed the difference. 

More curry chicken and a frozen turkey burger were the culinary highlights of the day.

Day 6 - May 14

I noticed an energy pick up the moment I woke up, and I was thankful for it.  Making sure I ate plenty and had my nalgene with me kept me from being tempted to have popcorn and candy at the movie theatre.

*side note* Bridesmaids is HIGH-larious. Melissa McCarthy steals the show and Chris O'Dowd is adorable.

Day 7 - May 15

I had tickets to the Tiger's game and was ready for a Dukan friendly trip to the ball park, but the game got rained out. So 'The Best'(my Best friend) grabbed lunch and went grocery shopping.  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and felt good about my first dukanized journey to a restaurant.  Grocery shopping with the best was an adventure and should be done more often, makes the chore much more fun!

I got lucky with family dinner that night.  My mom made steak (woo hoo! Dukan friendly) and corn and mashed potatoes ( meh not so much.) But I was able to chew on some steak and feel like I wasn't being deprived of the whole Sunday dinner experience.

Post Attack Weigh In: -6 Lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment