Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gimme My VEGETABLES

Day 8 - May 16

Never in my life have I looked forward to vegetables more.

Green peppers, cucumbers, broccoli. All raw. All were delicious. 

I didn't cook any of my vegetables the first day, just consumed them in mass raw quantities. 

I thought my enthusiasm for all things green would get me through the day, I was wrong.  I had my first Dukan stumble. 

While helping make dinner at my sister's house, I was tempted by the aromatic wonder of fresh homemade rolls with garlic basil butter hot out of the oven. While I had planned ahead and brought a dinner of Oat Bran and Beef meatballs with raw cucumbers and green peppers on the side. Yet, in a moment of weakness I ate one and it was fantastic But the guilt I had afterwards helped me get back on the wagon the next morning.

Day 9 - May 17

Nothing remarkable about another pure protein day.  Tuna salad for lunch. Turkey Burger for dinner.  Lots of cooking baking and prep in the evening.

I tried the Tiramisu recipe I found on MyDukanDiet.com and it was okay.  Will post the recipe and my review later.

Day 10 - May 18

An oat bran muffin with coffee was a perfect breakfast and I think the oat bran helped me make it through the big gap I had between breakfast and lunch.

I discovered my favorite snack for Protein and Vegetable days. Lean fresh lunch meat from the deli with a scrape of fat free cream cheese wrapped around a slice of green pepper.  Crunchy, savory, yummy and perfect. I had probably ten by the end of the day.

Dinner was another success.  I adapted a recipe  of my mothers for spinach and beef enchiladas.  I have decided to call it Enchilada Chili. It was probably the best thing I have had to eat since I have been on the diet and I am SO excited to share it!

Tomorrow is Day 11 and pure protein....I am thinking grilled chicken for lunch and perch for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment